Cookies & Privacy
Your privacy and the protection of your personal data are extremely important to us. We take great care to protect the privacy of customers and users of Capita Life and Pensions website and landing pages. This privacy notice explains who we are, what personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, who we might share it with and what rights you have.
Collection of personal information
The information which we collect and store during normal use of the site and our landing pages is used to monitor and analyse how parts of the site are used. This may result in personal data about the device you are using being collected and stored e.g. IP address.
You have the option on certain pages within this site and on our landing pages to submit additional personal information to Capita Life and Pensions in order that we might send you further information. The description below provides details as to how this information is to be used.
By submitting your personal information through this website or through our landing pages and forms, it will be processed by Capita Life and Pensions in the manner described in this privacy notice.
Data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you (which may include personal data):
- Information you provide by completing forms on our website or landing pages. This could include your name, company name, job title, telephone number and email address.
- We may ask you about your interests and preferences in order that we provide you with relevant information and communications.
- We may use information about what you have browsed on our website to contact you with information which might be of interest to you and your company.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website and landing pages including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, the resources that you access and other communication data.
- We may ask you for information when you report a problem with our website or landing pages.
- If you interact with us via our social media channels, we may ask for further information in order to process your request.
How we use your data
Information that you provide to us about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data) will be used only for the following purposes (and subject to any preferences you have notified us of):
- We may retain and disclose your personal data in order to comply with any statutory, legal or regulatory obligations. We are required to report details of any suspicious transactions to the Serious Organised Crime Agency and may need to forward information including personal data to them or related organisations. Similarly, we may also need to disclose information about our customers, including personal data, to certain bodies who have statutory powers, for example, the Department of Work and Pensions.
- Capita intend to continue improving the content and function of our Website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve the design and layout of our site and provide content of interest to you.
- If you request to receive specific types of marketing communications from us, we will use your data to deliver the requested emails to you. Depending on the preferences you have specified, this could include: research, thought leadership, newsletters, articles, events and webinars invitations, information about new products and promotions, or opportunities to participant in our research.
- Our marketing system collects data on your visits to our website and landing pages including but not limited to, traffic data and location data – you can only be identified on this system if you choose to provide your personal data to us through a form, or if you specifically request a Capita employee to record your data on your behalf. Based primarily on what content you have opted in to, and combined with other information you have provided, including but not limited to your job title, as well as your interaction with our content – these factors will determine what communications are sent to you.
Lawful Basis for Processing
This applies to existing clients, prospective clients and users who show a particular interest in such on behalf of their organisations. Our Legitimate Interest Assessment is available upon request, please contact us via www.capitalifeandpensions.co.uk
If you do not wish to be contacted or receive any further communications, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe links in any communications we send you. You can also exercise your right to object to this direct marketing at any time by contacting us via www.capitalifeandpensions.co.uk
Marketing (Consent) – In order to meet the requirements of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) we will not be able to automatically contact you with relevant information if you are a sole trader a small partnership or an individual acting for yourself.
If you fall into this category and would like to receive information, you will need to provide us with your consent to receive such information.
You can do this by completing a dedicated form to subscribe to a public list, a monthly newsletter, or by ticking an opt-in checkbox on one of our forms – hosted either on the website or our landing pages. Please note, once this consent has been provided, you do have the option to opt out or unsubscribe at any time, using the email preferences centre or by contacting us via www.capitalifeandpensions.co.uk
Financial Crime (Legal Obligation) – We process information about our clients (beneficial owners and officers) to comply with Anti-money laundering legislation. This includes verifying an individual’s identity and screening them against crime and sanctions databases.
Data Sharing and Disclosures
We may share your information with the following types of organisations:
- Data Processors – Other Capita or external companies who work under contract to enable us to provide our services.
- Financial services regulators, law enforcement agencies such as the National Crime Agency, Action Fraud or a Police Authority.
- Fraud prevention and detection organisations and credit reference agencies.
Transfers outside of the EEA
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer your data outside of the EEA. When this is necessary it is done in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Such transfers and processing is carried out by having suitable safeguards in place by way of EU model contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of these safeguards by contacting us via www.capitalifeandpensions.co.uk
Capita has a Data Retention Policy which mandates how long records, including personal data, must be retained. Retention periods are determined by legislation and business requirements. In most cases we will hold your data for 3 years after last contact, unless a legal or regulatory obligation requires that we hold this data for a superseding period of time.
All information will be kept securely on our systems. All personal data will be held in accordance with the Capita Data Retention policy.
Keeping your data safe
Capita Life and Pensions will keep your information for a reasonable period of time for the purposes outlined above.
Our Website and Marketing Automation System have security installed to ensure that any personal data entered onto the site is protected against loss, misuse or alteration.
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of your data; however, you should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. Whilst we use all reasonable endeavours to protect your security, we consider that it is only appropriate to advise users that data transmission over the Internet and the World Wide Web cannot be guaranteed as 100% secure, and therefore that you use the Website at your own risk.
We also have a confidentiality policy in place, which means we hold your information securely.
Your Privacy Rights
Your privacy is very important to us and data protection legislation gives you the following rights. To exercise any of your rights please contact us detailing which right you would like us to deal with.
Contact us www.capitalifeandpensions.co.uk or write to us at: Capita Life and Pensions Regulated Services, 30 Berners Street, London W1T 3LR
The right to be informed
This includes an obligation to explain to you how your information is used. This Privacy Notice provides you with this information.
The right of access
You have the right to obtain confirmation that your information is being processed and to obtain access to your information (e.g. by receiving a copy of it).
The right to rectification
You have the right to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure (also known as the “right to be forgotten”)
You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask for your information to be deleted but it is not possible to fulfil the request e.g. if there is a legal reason to retain it, or if it is still required to provide our services to you.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that the processing of your information is restricted in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
The right to data portability
You have the right to receive the information you have provided in a usable electronic format and/or request it is transmitted to a third party where this is technically feasible. This will only apply where we process your data based on consent or if you as individual have a contract with us.
The right to complain to the Supervisory Authority
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner if you think that any of your rights have been infringed. https://ico.org.uk/concerns
A cookie is a tiny text file that a website can store on your machine and can read on subsequent visits. This allows that website to identify you and for example, remember to log you in the next time you visit.
There are different types of cookies used for different purposes. The cookies we use are listed below under the four cookie categories proposed by the International Chamber of Commerce:
- Strictly necessary cookies - these are cookies that are directly required to fulfil an action requested by you, such as logging in or adding an item to a shopping basket.
- Performance cookies - these are cookies used to improve a website, for example for analytics that let companies see how their site is used and where to make improvements.
- Functionality cookies - these are cookies that are needed for a specific piece of functionality, often as a result of something you’re doing as a user, but aren’t directly requested by you. For example, in order to stop you from being repeatedly offered a service that you have previously said no to. We don't use any functionality cookies.
- Targeting cookies - these cookies can be quite intrusive as they track a user’s browsing behaviour from website to website, often to be used for targeted advertising. Capita does not set any targeting cookies ourselves; however they are used on our website by third parties (see below).
We also use Third-party cookies - these are cookies used by an external party who provide additional functionality to our website.
Managing and Deleting Cookies
If you want to remove any cookies already set, you can do so from your browser. You can find out how to do this by going to the help menu in your browser.
We use these cookies:
If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your marketing or other preferences, you wish to receive further information about how we use your information or have any queries, please let us know by contacting us via www.capitalifeandpensions.co.uk
Please note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although will still only be used in accordance with this policy.
This Website is provided by Capita Life and Pensions and Capita Life and Pensions Regulated Services. Part of Capita plc.
Updated March 2019